- What is Taylorism? Describe Taylor's System.
- Why was there a need for such a system?
- What are the main elements of scientific management?
- What are the duties of management and what are the duties of the workers?
- What are time and motion studies?
- What is a task mechanism?
- What is functional foremanship?
- What is the main criticism?
Social Context Cues
- What is Electronic mail?
- Compare electronic mail, letter writing and telephony.
- What are social context cues?
- How does social context affect information exchange?
- What are Information Agents?
- Why may they be necessary?
- In what kind of application can they be used?
- What are possible approaches of building agents? What are their respective advantages and disadvantages?
- How do you measure the quality of agents?
- How do agents "learn"?
- What is the "Do-It" threshold, what is the "Tell-Me" threshold?
- What are possible applications with agents? Would you like to have agents on your system?
- What is the seven layer standard?
- Why was it necessary to create the seven layer standard?
- Why are networks necessary?
- Functions of a layer?
- What are services and what are protocols?
- What are intermediate systems (Layer 1-3)?
- How do you map the OSI standard to the internet?
- Definition of Local Area Networks
- Benefits and pitfalls of Local Area Networks
- What network topologies do you know?
- What transmission media do you know?
- Diffierence Broadband/Baseband
- Why is security in computer systems necessary?
- Who has defined the security standards?
- What is external security and how is it implemented?
- What is division of responsibility?
- What do server-used-programs do?
- What is amplification?
- What is an auditing?
- What are access rights/capabilities? What are possible problems with capabilities?
- How can you implement fault-tolerant systems?
- How does crypography work?
- What are digital signatures?
- Generic system functional flaws of an OS?
- Generic OS attacks?
- UNIX OS security?
- What are worms and viruses and how do they work?
Reflexions - Userfriendly
- When is an application userfriendly?
- Do you think Windows applications are ideal?
- How would you improve Windows?
- Are security and userfriendlyness two conflicting goals?